poppies

style type="text/css"> body {background-image: url("http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YepnTrx-v5c/TRzNLcEP7hI/AAAAAAAAFQ8/gAoFnCrigqw/s1600/00%2Bbohemian%2B3.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Sunday, December 7, 2008

WIP

Taking the mixed media class with Suzi Blu has been a real eye opener for me about my abilities to draw and make art in general. In order to continue practicing and developing my own unique way of making these 'pretty girls' have decided to make paintings for some family and friends.

Currently I am working on a painting for my dear friend Laurie. She is someone that has stuck by me through a lot of BS and I know I can count on her to be steadfast and true. We don't see each other often these days even though she only lives 2 blocks away due to conflicting schedules. She and her husband are planning to move away in a few months to the Bay area and I am dreading it! I wanted to make her something she could take with her that would always remind her of me. The girl in the painting looks nothing like Laurie (although with her ever changing hair color someday it might resemble her a bit more!), but I did make sure to add a silver kitty to represent Minou, Laurie's beloved familiar. The painting is not quite done, I would like to add a few more layers and I need to finish painting her face and clean the piece up a bit. I am also looking for a quote I can stamp on it that would somehow be meaningful to Laurie and our friendship (suggestions welcome!). So here is a look at what I have done so far:

3 comments:

Mary Bee said...

Sounds like the class really impacted you. I love you lil kitty. Very cute.

Barb Smith said...

This class has been the best thing to happen to me creatively EVER! I love it! You're doing great, too. Isn't she a blast?
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Amy L. Fair said...

i love your spin on the girls, though . . . she is cute and very suziblu, but she has creepy dead eyes in a way that makes me love her more.

[i assume you will take that as the compliment i intend it to be . . . lol!]

Related Posts with Thumbnails