the stress and inconvenient details of my accident are almost behind me. i have a new car (2000 toyota camry le) and have signed the settlement with the insurance company and now await the check. thankfully their 1st offer was a reasonable one. thanks to all for their well wishes.
i haven't been doing as much art as i'd like to. i have been tired when i get home from work and seem to space the hours away. can anyone relate? but i'd best get my ass in gear as i have several looming projects. over at illustratedATC's i am involved in a secret santa swap. i have signed up for a large package and for a small one. their definitions are:
Example of LARGE package contents (all items on list):
1. 1 large homemade gift (like an 8 x 10 canvas, tote bag, journal pages, a necklace, hat & mitts)
2. 2 smaller homemade gifts (like an altered book, bracelet, chunky page or ornament)
3. A couple of ATCs or a bookmark
4. Ephemera and candies or small store bought items (like art supplies, or notecards)
Example of SMALL package contents (all items on list):
1. You have a choice between 1 large homemade gift (like an 8 x 10 canvas, tote bag, 2 8x8 journal pages, a necklace, hat & mitts) OR 2 smaller homemade gifts (like an altered book, bracelet, chunky page or ornament)
2. A couple of ATCs or a bookmark
3. Ephemera and candies or small store bought items.
yikes, right? well if that's not enough i am also involved in another swap where i have to give (and get) a grand total of 21 gifts. 7 large, 7 small, and 7 store bought goody types. yes, i am flipping out. i have figured out my large gift over at iATC's and have some ideas for my small. but i must admit to being completely flummoxed about the 21 gifts. if anyone has any brilliant ideas for me please pass them on! i want to make things that are beautiful and special, but that don't break the bank and don't sap all of my free time. some ideas so far:
canvas's of art
journal's made of watercolor paper
altered board books
altered cabinet cards
can you see i am at a loss? help!
to close out i leave you with a pic of my new car: