poppies

style type="text/css"> body {background-image: url("http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YepnTrx-v5c/TRzNLcEP7hI/AAAAAAAAFQ8/gAoFnCrigqw/s1600/00%2Bbohemian%2B3.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Art for Me: Altered Book

I am one of those that rarely makes art for herself. Yes, I make art daily, but it always lands in the hands of others. While I enjoy mail art, trading and collecting etc, I have recently begun to feel a burnout heading my way. I think this is due, in part at least, to always giving away art that I have poured my love into, that I have bled for, that I have denied sleep for to other people. So to rectify this I have begun altering a book. It will be part art exhibit for me and part journal. The book is hardbound and entitled "The Middle Sister", which is quite appropriate as I am the middle sister (one of two) in my family. So here are a couple of spreads to feast your eyes on. Feedback--of the courteous kind--is welcome.



1 comment:

Jennifer Williams said...

Tag, you're it! See my blog for details!

Related Posts with Thumbnails